I am pleased to inform you we will be following a new process for the appointment of Assistant Coaches for season 2015/16 which has been confirmed in cooperation with the VYS Travel Committee.
I appreciate some may have completed applications and submitted previously. I apologize for making changes to the process but we are embarking on a new chapter and we are passionate about raising the standards to deliver a fantastic travel program.
Due to a new philosophy and desire to provide support for coaches to deliver a high quality coaching environment consistent with our coaching curriculum the process for appointing Assistant Coaches is as follows:
- All Current Assistant Coaches and those wishing to be considered as Assistant Coaches are invited to two Coach Education Staff Training Events taking place on Monday 20th July and Wednesday 22nd July. In the event that persons can not attend they can still be considered and will be able to access the information via a PDF provided by the Head Coach.
- At the Staff Training Events Assistant Coaches will indicate which teams they wish to be considered for.
- After the Staff Training all potential Assistant Coaches are then invited to attend Travel practices which will commence from week beginning Monday 3rd August.
- During these practices Head Coaches will start to work with potential coaches and conduct an informal short interview at the field.
- Head Coaches will provide feedback to Assistant Technical Directors and then Assistant Coaches will be appointed.
Please click on the link below to confirm your attendance at the event. If you are unable to attend but wish to be considered please click on the link and indicate so as this will generate an email to inform us.
Assistant Coach Criteria and Roles and Responsibilities
The criteria for selection of our VYS Assistant Coaches will be as follows:
- Coaching Qualifications and willingness to attend Coach Education
- Soccer Philosophy Winning versus Development
- Communication and coaching manner
Attached is the Roles and Responsibilities of the Assistant Coach for your information.
We value the time and commitment that volunteers put into soccer and want to ensure we provide the necessary support and strive to deliver an excellent environment for the players. VYS will offer formal coach education courses each summer and a calendar of training events to support all VYS caches.
Thank you for your support.
Vienna Youth Soccer
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org