VYS Quest White (WAGS U15D3) is seeking impact players to add to our roster. We are professionally coached by Steve Lee and run a year-round program. We will hold tryouts on the following dates:
- Monday, June 6, 7:00-8:30 pm, Dunn Loring/Murphy Field
- Wednesday, June 8, 7:00-8:30 pm, Dunn Loring/Murphy Field
Dunn Loring/Murphy Field is located at the northwest corner of the intersection of Gallows Road and Idylwood Road behind the red brick community building.
If interested in tryouts, contact our team manager, Stacey Graham, at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
The Vienna Youth Soccer (VYS) Quest White team (U15 Girls with birthdates on or after 8/1/95) is professionally trained and coached by Steve Lee and is a member of the Washington Area Girls Soccer League (WAGS). Quest White is one of three VYS U15G teams and plays in the strongest league of the three. The team offers a highly competitive yet fun atmosphere emphasizing both individual and team development and is proudly establishing itself at this level.
VYS Quest White
The team is coached by Stephen Lee. Coach Lee played for the Carlisle YTS and the Unversity of Teesside. His coaching licenses include the NSCAA National Premier, USSF National Youth, and English FA Badge. Among his accomplishments, he has coached at Herndon High School, the Herndon FC, and Loudoun Youth Soccer, and been the Director of Coaching for Loudoun Soccer. His Herndon FC U17 Boys were Division 1 NCSL Champions during Fall 2008 and Spring 2010, and VYSA State Champions 2007/2008 and 2008/2009.
The coaching philosophy is to provide quality training and development, be competitive on the field, and meet the goals and needs established by the team.
- Prior to the start of the Fall season, the team completes an intensive two-week field training program at a local field.
- During the Fall and Spring seasons mandatory practices are held twice a week for 90 minutes - Monday & Wednesday. Saturdays will be used to practice when no game is scheduled. Players who cannot make a scheduled practice must contact the team manager and Coach by email or phone at least 2 days prior to the practice.
- During the winter, the team trains once a week and competes in two sessions of indoor soccer. Girls are expected to maintain their conditioning over the winter and many play other sports, such as basketball.
- The team competes in 3 to 4 tournaments each year (typically a pre-season and a mid-season during both the Fall and Spring seasons). The tournament selections are a joint effort by the coach, players, and parents.
- Summer residential camps are researched with consideration of player availability.
Spring 2011 (U15)
Quest played in the SASA St. Patrick’s Day Tournament in Fredericksburg, VA.
For the Spring WAGS season Quest is competing in U15 Division 3
The team trained once a week through February and competed in the U16 Division at the Dulles Sportsplex. The team scrimmaged and practiced on Saturdays and Sundays leading up to the beginning of the Spring season.
Fall 2010 (U16)
Several team members participated in a summer residential camp run by Soccer Academy at Randolph Macon Academy. The team completed a mini-camp in mid-August and played in the Dulles National Soccer Tournament in late-August.
Other Sports & Conflicts
Girls are still developing their soccer skills and commitment at U15; however dedication is required to build a strong team. Quest White encourages off-season participation in other sports that develop skills, speed, athleticism, and conditioning. The expectation is that soccer will be the #1 sport in the Fall and the Spring seasons.
If you have questions please contact the Quest White Team Manager, Stacey Graham, at email@example.com.