Scott Holec’s VYS Community involvement has spanned across 10 years and has included both the house and travel programs.
Throughout this period of time, Scott has always taken an active role which has included:
• coaching his oldest daughter’s house soccer team (8 years)
• serving as assistant coach for his younger daughter’s house team prior to her move to travel
• volunteering as assistant/head coach for numerous All Star teams over the past several years
• and, currently serves as TSL for his youngest daughter’s travel team
Scott maintains an E coaching license.
He is a graduate of the College of William & Mary, where he was a 4 year D-1 swimmer and was elected captain his senior year.
In 2004, Scott founded eTERA Consulting, an international data management and electronic discovery consulting firm that recently celebrated its 10 year anniversary and was named one of the “Best Places to Work 2014” by the Washington Business Journal.
Scott served as a Council Member at Emmaus Church for 4 years, where he also led the Youth Group (JR and SR High) for 2 years.
The Holec family has participated in VYS soccer for 10 years. I have coached my oldest daughter’s house team for 7 years. My youngest daughter plays in the academy U12 age group. My wife, Julie, is the team manager for my younger daughter’s Academy team. Our experience with VYS has been a fantastic one!
The “community club” atmosphere at VYS has created many positive experiences for my children, primarily:
- Love of the game
- Friendships & Fun: and lots of playdates and sleepovers.
- Sportsmanship: respect for the players, the refs, and the game
VYS and all of its volunteers have worked hard to create a fun atmosphere for all who want to play the game through the house program, TOPSoccer, pick-up games for Adults and Coaches, and an Academy program.
Having personally experienced a club with a “recruiting type” philosophy, my vision is to continue to promote and enhance the great balance that VYS has adopted.
I believe that this overarching, all inclusive, “community club” philosophy should continue to be the vision of VYS, however we should remain open to improving upon what has been working very well for the majority of our club members.
As a Member of the Board, I will support and promote the following initiatives:
- VYS vision to continue as a “Community Club”
- Enhance professional training and instruction development to our house league coaches. Better coaches make better trainers.
- Promote and encourage participation for the house league program for those over U14. We lose many players to the High School transition, where we could still promote the team atmosphere and love of the game.
- Offering additional /individual skill development training at an earlier age is key to a young player’s development, which would help develop a stronger community pool of travel players.
Please vote to keep Vienna Youth Soccer a “Community Club” atmosphere where fun and love of the game are the top priority!