Volunteers make up the backbone of our club. Thank you for offering your time and service to be a volunteer! Below is a list of open positions. If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact the VYS Administrator.
- House Commissioner: The House Commissioner acts as the liaison between the VP of House and the House Coach in their specific age group. Please contact the VP House if you are interested in volunteering to be a House Commissioner.
- House Coach: The House Coach conducts team practices to instruct players in soccer fundamentals and team play, supervises team’s participation in soccer games, and performs other related duties during the season. Training is provided. You will be asked to undergo a background check prior to being assigned as a coach. Click here for more information.
- House Assistant Coach: The House Assistant Coach assists the House Coach in his or her duties, and is the backup soccer coach for the team. Training is provided. You will be asked to undergo a background check prior to being assigned.
- Field Improvements: Involves cleaning equipment sheds and checking fields to ensure safety.
- Walk-In Registration: Volunteers will assist with the open house registration session hosted by the VYS staff prior to the start of the season.
- NOVA Cup All-Star Tournament Volunteer: Serve as either a Site Coordinator, Field Marshal, or General Volunteer during our VYS All-Star Tournament.
VYS, in conjunction with VYSA, runs a KidSafe background check on every VYS volunteer over the age of 18. Please fill out the KidSafe Form and send it to the VYS Registrar. You may also request an online background check invitation. Your background check is valid for 2 years and is subject to additional screening.
Abuse Prevention Training
VYS members are now required to comply with Federal Law S.435 Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017. Any individual affiliated with a VYS member organization including board members, staff, coaches, assistant coaches, managers and any volunteers must complete the training through ABUSE PRE