Financial Aid is offered for the seasonal year for travel players. The minimum payment for travel players varies based on age group, ranging from $288 to $653. Additional team fees of $300 to $500 are not covered by financial aid.
Mandatory Eligibility Criteria for Additional Assistance
- Must be school aged (ie. 5-18 years old).
- Must be needs-based. The eligibility threshold is combined parental adjusted Gross Income of less than $80,000 (line 37 on Federal tax return form 1040).
- Must make a commitment to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games.
- Must fill out the financial aid application completely.
- Must fill out the financial aid application at the time of initial registration. Travel registrations for those requesting financial aid must be completed no later than two weeks prior to the start of scheduled practices.
Acceptable documents include the following:
- Current Proof of Eligibility for Free or Reduced Lunch Program
- Current Proof of Eligibility for Medicaid
- Current Proof of Eligibility for Food Stamps
- Current Proof of Eligibility for Social Security Income (SSI)
Proof of Eligibility should be uploaded to the system at the time of registration. If uploading is not possible, documents must be mailed or emailed within 5 days of registration.
Vienna Youth Soccer
Attention: Financial Aid
PO Box 993
Vienna, VA 22183
If you are not eligible for public assistance benefits and cannot provide a copy of one of the documents listed above, please submit a copy of your current Federal Tax 1040 form (first page only).
Amount of Aid Award
Maximum amount for travel will be $1,210 per seasonal year.
The following are the guidelines for the amount of aid for which travel players are eligible:
- Free Lunch (FARMS) form, SNAP (food stamps) form, TANF form, or a documented income at 130% of the federal poverty level for the household: qualify for the full $1,210 per player per year travel financial aid award
- Reduced Lunch (FARMS) form, Medicaid form or a documented income at 185% of the federal poverty level for the household: qualify for $1,010 per player per year
- No FARMS forms, SNAP form, TANF form, or Medicaid form but with a documented income at 250% of the federal poverty level for the household: qualify for $810 per player per year
- No FARMS forms, SNAP form, TANF form, or Medicaid form but with a documented income at 300% of the federal poverty level for the household: qualify for $710 per player per year.
Players may also request assistance to cover additional expenses. This request is made as part of the completion of the online financial aid application. These additional expenses could include, but not be limited to: shin guards, soccer socks, and soccer cleats. Any extra items, such as team jackets, warm-up suits, equipment bags, or items that teams decide to purchase that are not necessary for participation in the program are not covered by the financial aid policy. The cost of shin guards, soccer socks and soccer cleats is provided in the form of an equipment voucher to the player’s parent/guardian. The equipment vouchers are awarded or use at a local soccer retailer who has agreed to work with VYS on this program
Families of applicants receiving VYS awards maybe requested to provide up to 8 hours of volunteer service to VYS each season. Those applicants asked to volunteer and do not complete service maybe ineligible for future aid awards.
If you have questions, please contact Christina Pisani at CPisani@vys.org.