This policy applies to all players ages 3-19 in VYS and is issued by the VYS Board of Directors with the intent of allowing more players from lower-income families the opportunity to play soccer with VYS.
VYS will offer financial aid based on a defined set of factors. All award decisions are made at the sole discretion of VYS. The application and aid information will be kept confidential.
There are four types of fees and expenditures necessary to participate in the Vienna Youth Soccer (VYS) soccer programs:
- Club Fees: These are centralized fees paid directly through the VYS registration system and apply to the House League, House Programs (including Winter Programs, U4 Cubs, Development Center and Goalkeeper Programs), Summer Camps and Travel Academy program. Subject to each qualifying player paying the fees listed below:
- These are individual team expenses not covered by the Club Fees and handled via a payment process determined by each individual team. Team Fees apply only to the Travel Academy Program and are eligible for up to 100% reimbursement, subject to a limit of $400 per soccer year. Reference the Travel Academy Tiers below for various levels of aid.
- https://www.pjsoccerlacrosse.com/. These are fees to purchase the required VYS uniform kit. Parents/guardians purchase the VYS uniform kit through
- Travel Academy - Basic Uniform Kit is covered as part of financial aid program once every buy year and for new players receiving financial aid in a non-buy year.
- House League (U13-U19) - Red and white jerseys are covered as part of the financial aid program once every other House League season.
**Jerseys and programs shirts are included as part of registration for U4 Cubs, House League, House Programs, and Summer Camps**
The eligibility threshold is combined parental Adjusted Gross Income of less than $80,000 (line 37 on Federal tax return form 1040).
- Applicant must be 3-19 years old
- Applicant must make a commitment to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games.
- Must fill out the Financial Aid Application completely.
- Must fill out the Financial Aid Application at the time of initial registration. House registrations must be completed prior to the first day of scheduled practices. Travel registrations must be completed during the tryout registration.
- Proof of Eligibility should be uploaded each season at the time of registration. If uploading is not possible, documents must be mailed or emailed within 3 days of registration (see contact information below).
Financial Aid applicants for the Travel Academy Program must request financial aid during the tryout registration process and complete Financial Aid Application within 48 hours of receiving a Travel Academy Offer.EndFragment
**Financial Aid Application information will not be used for determining whether a player is accepted or on which team the player is placed. This is solely for administrative procedures**
Vienna Youth Soccer
Attention: Financial Aid
311 Maple Ave West Unit D
Vienna, VA 22180
Acceptable documents for documenting the mandatory eligibility criteria include the following:
- Current Proof of Eligibility for Free or Reduced Lunch Program
- Current Proof of Eligibility for Medicaid
- Current Proof of Eligibility for Food Stamps
- Current Proof of Eligibility for Social Security Income (SSI)
If you are not eligible for public assistance benefits and cannot provide a copy of one of the documents listed above, you will need to submit a copy of your current Federal Tax 1040 form (first page only).
The Board will approve a set amount of funds allocated to financial aid each season (Fall/Spring). Included in the amount of allocated funds will be any hardship donations that were contributed to VYS to be used for financial aid. The Director of Finance will review all requests to ensure they meet applicable guidelines. Awards will then be distributed based on the amount of the financial aid funds available and the amount of financial aid requests.
Families of Applicants receiving VYS financial aid, who do not pay the non-volunteer fee, may be requested to provide up to 8 hours of volunteer service to VYS each season. Those Applicants asked to volunteer who do not complete service may be ineligible for future aid awards.
Travel Academy Tiers
The following are the guidelines for the amount of aid for which travel players are eligible:
- If Applicant receives Free Lunch (FARMS), SNAP (food stamps), TANF, or has a documented income at 130% of the federal poverty level for the household:
Eligible for financial aid award that covers 90% of Club Fees paid to VYS and 100% of Travel Academy Team Fees, not to exceed $400 in any soccer year.
- If Applicant receives Reduced Lunch (FARMS), Medicaid or has a documented income at 185% of the federal poverty level for the household:
Eligible for financial aid award that covers 75% of Club Fees and Travel Academy Team Fees (maximum of $300 per soccer year).
Eligible for financial aid award that covers 60% of Club Fees and Travel Academy Team Fees (maximum of $240 per soccer year).
- If Applicant does not receive FARMS, SNAP, TANF, or Medicaid but has a documented income at 300% of the federal poverty level for the household:
Eligible for financial aid award that covers 45% of Club Fees and Travel Academy Team Fees (maximum of $180 per soccer year).
***Please note that VYS will purchase one Basic Uniform Kit (jersey, shorts, and socks) for each player on Financial Aid in each year that VYS is in a required “buy year.” In the event that the player’s first year with VYS is in a non-“buy year”, VYS will provide the uniform for that year.***