We understand the benefits that outdoor recreation and youth sports can provide, especially during this time when so many activities are understandably restricted. For this reason, we have decided as a club that we will continue to practice and play to the extent that we are permitted and to the extent that we can do so safely.
Our first priority is for the health and safety of our community and that will not be compromised. The following are important elements of our return to play:
- We will be updating our protocols and guidelines based on guidance from the Fairfax County Health Department & the CDC.
If my son or daughter has been exposed at school or home and has been asked to self-isolate because they were identified as a close contact, do they have to sit-out from soccer?
- Yes, CDC guidelines, in addition to the school, apply to all VYS activities
What happens if I test positive for COVID?
- Please wait to hear further instructions from the Fairfax County Health Department or reach out to them directly. (877-ASK-VDH3)
What do I need to do to return to play?
- To return to play, you must follow all the Fairfax County Health Department instructions or from your school guidance from your school.
Who do I need to tell that I’ve tested positive for COVID?
- We recommend telling anyone that you have carpooled with. The Fairfax County Health Department will determine who was or was not in close contact.
What if I’ve been around someone who has been identified as a close contact?
- If you are a contact of a contact, you do not need to sit out or quarantine.
If you have additional questions, the Virginia Department of Health can be reached at 877-ASK-VDH3.
The Club takes the health and safety of its members very seriously. Any failure to adhere to any portion of these policies may result in removal from the program without a refund of any fees paid.
The Fall 2021 Season will take on a different look than expected. While we have planned our Fall programming as best we can today, we remain prepared to accommodate as necessary in order to comply with any future restrictions or operational protocols that are required. Our coaches and staff are committed to providing as many opportunities as possible to those that choose to participate.
We thank our membership for all their support and flexibility in 2021 and on.